Grand Designs Live, proudly sponsored by Anglian Home Improvements, is set to return to London ExCeL from 29th April – 7th May 2017. This unique event promises to break down the conventional limitations to home building and offers visitors a chance to discover the latest innovations, explore this year’s trends and preview unseen products.
Once again hosted by Grand Designs guru Kevin McCloud, the show will play host to a series of exciting, educational and interactive features over nine days. Kevin, joined by a whole host of industry experts, will provide a wide-reaching range of informative seminars at The Grand Theatre, sponsored by Airflow. The ever popular Ask an Expert service, sponsored by Express Bi-folding Doors, returns with experts offering free advice in every field, from financing projects, to architecture, interiors and much more!
Visitors can see over 500 exhibitors, across the six different sectors of the show, Build, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Technology, Gardens and Interiors. Those with a particular interest in Grand Build; can discover the possibilities of architectural glazing from Maxlight (Culmax), learn about green roofing and decking from Wallbarn, or explore Tuffx’s innovative heated glass products. Other exciting brands in the Build sector include Zipco, who will show stunning pieces by Josko Windows and more, while Maxmar offer basement conversions and Prelude Stone return to the show with a focus on restoration.
Kevin McCloud, design authority and presenter of the Channel 4 TV series, will be hosting the nine-day run of the renowned home show. Bringing his expertise in the design industry as well as his distinctive style and approach to the event, this season’s Grand Designs Live is set to be one of the most informative, exciting and engaging home improvement and design exhibitions to date.
Alongside these amazing features, the show offers an array of other great attractions, including:
- The Kitchen Advice Centre, sponsored by Miele – Book free 30-minute consultations looking at all aspects of kitchen planning and development.
- The Living Kitchen, sponsored by Miele For cooking buffs, the Living Kitchen is a must see feature, with top chefs hard at work showing audiences how to prepare delicious meals and take advantage of kitchen appliances in live demos.
- Kevin’s Green Heroes – Each year Kevin showcases the most innovative and useful eco-friendly gadgets and products on the market. His hand-picked selection reveal the latest trends in green technology and shine a light on new directions in product design.
- Grand Room Sets – The theme ‘TV’ will be brought to life by pioneering interior designers in this inspirational interiors installation. These innovative rooms will showcase products which are accessible to visitors and are from British retailers, manufacturers and designers.
- Grand Shed Project, sponsored by AXA Insurance – Across six 3x4m spaces, Grand Designs Live has invited interior designers to create different examples showing that sheds don’t just need to be used for storage. Inspiring visitors to make the most of their own sheds and garden, to maximise their living space.
- The Light Lab – The Light Lab showcases what has become a major trend in recent years; the smart bulb. Visitors are invited to come along and see for themselves how much the humble light bulb can now do.
Grand Designs Live takes place from 29 April – 7 May 2017 at ExCeL London.